Anson Engine Museum

Anson Engine Museum Gallery


Most viewed - Engines at the Museum
the plaque.jpg
EHHS Plaque presented to the original Gardner 4L21463 viewsfrom the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMECHE), May 2005
DSCF0280.jpg
Examples of fuel injection equipment for demonstration purposes1459 viewsin background you can see the Hornsby-Ackroyd Oil Engine built in 1896
line up.jpg
Closer view of the line up1449 viewsthis shows a clearer view of the engines and the connection between the large engine and the winch
h00602.jpg
Series of photographs starting the 4L2 for the first time (7)1447 viewsafter its restoration work - just prior to the EHHS presentation May 2005
BD-9254-ANSON-STOTT-ENGINE-GEOFF_BAKER.jpg
platform fitted to allow closer inspection of engine1446 views
import1_007.jpg
Close up of the fuel pump before it is removed for cleaning1438 viewsRuston VXA
h_foundations_after_removal.jpg
Foundations after engine removed1438 views
DSCF0105.jpg
The family connection1437 viewsRoger and Derek Gardner stand in the Gardner Room admiring their families legacy
h00601.jpg
Series of photographs starting the 4L2 for the first time (6)1437 viewsafter its restoration work - just prior to the EHHS presentation May 2005
gc working 2.jpg
Geoff works on the large engine1432 viewsTurning the flywheel before running the 3bhp engine
patterns.jpg
Patterns used to make the replica1425 viewsThe magnificent replica has been lovingly built by Wayne Timms and Dave Allen (members of the Friends of the Anson Engine Museum). It is of engine number 361 that was originally built in 1871. These are the patterns they used while making it.
FXCD0077.jpg
Gardner 4CR built 1908 engine number 74541424 viewsMarine petrol engine sold for installation on a 32' private launch named "Mascot" (but later renamed "Duchess") and used on Lake Windermere
253 files on 22 page(s) 12