We are happy to arrange visits for clubs and groups. As well as during our published opening hours, we will open throughout the season for pre-arranged club visits. To read how other clubs have enjoyed the experience click here.
If you follow this link you can find a short booklet all about arranging a group visit to the museum (and the surrounding area). If you would like us to provide you with brochures or posters to help you publicise the event to your group please let us know.PLEASE NOTE THE BOOKLET IS FROM OUR 2015 SEASON for current costs please click on the Visit Form link below
Please use the form in the booklet mentioned above or complete the VISIT FORM here and return it to the museum
- we recommend a minimum of 2 hours for a club visit, more if there are lots of engine enthusiasts in the group!
- a club visit is a minimum of 12 attendees on public opening days
- for pre-booked and prepaid group visits of 15 or more the museum will open outside published opening days, Tuesday is our preferred day,see booking form
- if over 15 visitors in a coach, the named driver will receive free entry plus hot beverage
- our tea shop can provide a range of soft drinks, tea, coffee & confectionery
- by prior arrangement we can provide a platter of sandwiches or a buffet to suit your requirements. Prices/menus can be provided on request.
- a call from the named contact 2 days in advance of the visit to confirm times/numbers is required
Extend your visit
There are many other fascinating venues in the area so if your club wants to make a full day out you could combine your visit to us with one of the following:-
Lyme Park - glorious house,surrounded by gardens, moorland and deer pens
Adlington Hall - beautiful country home and garden, tells 700-year story of a single family, the Leghs
Silk Museums in Macclesfield - learn the intricate story of silk and how Macclesfield became famous
Brookside Miniature Railway and Garden Centre - combine on train with shopping or lunch at garden centre
Bollington Brewery visit and great food at the Vale Inn with souvenir beer pack to take home
Anderton Boat Lift - enjoy a trip on a canal boat as it is lifted into the air